Bronzing with St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse
Spring is here and we’ve had a few sunny days already! You know what that means… almost time to bring out the shorts, tanks, and flip-flops again. Hooray! But before I rearrange my wardrobe, I need to get a bit of colour on my skin. I definitely steer clear of the tanning salons as I don’t want to cause any damage or unnecessary aging to my skin. Did you know that tanning bed rays are just as harmful to your skin as the sun?
I’ve tried all different self-tanners and the one that I’ve fallen in love with is the St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse. Its streak-free formula and easy application gives me natural-looking colour with no odor. With most self-tanners, you apply the product then wait for about 6-8 hours for the color to develop. One thing I like about St. Tropez bronzing mousse is that it gives you an instant bronze because of the dark color so you don’t have to wait the 6-8 hours to see your tan! This is great if you are looking pasty and you need to put on a swimming suit or shorts. You apply the product and that’s it; you’re ready to go! If you’re going out at night and want some instant color on your legs it gives you instant color, but also develops more long-lasting color over the next few hours.
Here are some tips on application:
1. Exfoliate your skin first to smooth and remove dead skin cells for even colour distribution.
I recommend Eminence Pear & Green Apple Sugar Scrub…It smells fantastic!
2. If your skin is dry or has dry areas you may apply an oil-free moisturizer
3. Using the St. Tropez Application Mitt, quickly apply mousse all over body using a buffing movement. Go sparingly over elbows, knees, and feet.
4. Product may also be applied to face using a small amount and applying right into hair line. Don’t forget the ears and neck.
5. Let product penetrate for a few minutes before you put on loose-fitting, dark-coloured clothes.
6. After a few hours your color will have developed and you can just shower off the tracer colour
7. If you would like a deeper tan – just re-apply!
To maintain your tan be sure to keep your skin hydrated and don’t exfoliate until you are ready to re-apply. An instant bronze without the wait…I love it!
We would love to hear your thoughts on the topic of this blog! Feel free to leave your comments or questions below. As always, just for being a follower of our blog, enter coupon code BLOG10 for 10% off your next purchase! Also, remember to follow us @spaboutique on Twitter, like our Facebook page, and check out our boards on Pinterest! You could be the lucky winner of one of our many contests!