5 Ways to Detox Your Body
During the holidays we are prone to overeating, tiredness, stress and a lack of physical exercise, a detox program is just what you need!
Detox, short for detoxification, in general is the removal of toxic substances from the body. It is one of the major functions of the liver, lower gastrointestinal tract and kidneys.
Certain diets have an underlying assumption that the body accumulates toxins that must be removed, especially after periods of over-eating or the consumption of non-nutritious and processed foods. As with alternative medicine, the ‘toxins’ removed are undefined and are ascribed to foods, the environment and the body’s own wastes. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detoxification )
The following are some methods for eliminating toxic substances from your body. It can include the modification of the diet and addition of certain herbs and rituals. Mix and match any of the following to create your own personal detoxification:
- Mud Baths – The mud bath tradition goes back into history. Cleopatra used Dead Sea black mud, and the therapy seems to pop up all over the world. Golden Moor has excellent home care mud bath products that are spa-grade. Golden Moor Mud helps to restore homeostasis (natural balance) in the body. It’s a natural anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, cell regenerator, detoxifier, and hormone balancer and has astringent properties.
- Foot Soaks – As believed in Reflexology, each foot is actually a channel, a conduit, through which your body attempts to cleanse itself of toxic wastes and heavy metals that are building up in many parts of your body. Others also believe that foot soaks simply enables your body to re-balance and gain energy, which stimulates self-detoxification. Try Golden Moor Body Moor Mud
- Eating Right - It goes without saying that healthy eating plays a key role in detoxing. Eliminating foods that are hard on metabolism, such as caffeine, alcohol, processed food (including any bread), pre-made or canned food, salt, sugar, wheat, red meat, pork, fried and deep fried food, yellow cheese, cream, butter and margarine, shortening, etc., while focusing on pure foods such as raw fruits and vegetables, whole grains (excluding white rice), legumes, raw nuts and seeds, fish, vegetable oils, herbs and herbal teas, water, etc.
- Body Masks – have a lymphatic stimulant action that helps the circulation of the blood and are also very effective in controlling liquid processes in the skin, making it effective in cases of water retention and in detoxification and toning the skin. Apart from the lymphatic stimulation, it is furthermore very effective in removing toxins from the body, making it ideal for the treatment of cellulite and other toxic problems in the skin. Try Golden Moor Black Chocolate Moisturizing Mud Mask
- Herbal Detox Program – employing dietary restrictions (e.g. avoiding foods mentioned in number #3) with dietary supplements is a good complementary program. Golden Moor Detox Program has a 3-tablet program and designed to stimulate and clean the eliminating organs of the body riding all toxins in your body. Its detox cure has been designed to cleanse the body of its toxins it accumulates. It stimulates the kidneys, the intestines, the liver, and the lungs. Most herbal programs recommend detoxifying the body twice a year, after every change of season.
We would love to hear your thoughts on the topic of this blog! Feel free to post your comments or questions below. As always, just for being a follower of our blog, enter coupon code BLOG10 for 10% off your next purchase! Also, remember to follow us @spaboutique on Twitter, like our Facebook page, and check out our boards on Pinterest! You could be the lucky winner of one of our many contests!