How to treat acne skin with glycolic acid products
What is Acne?
A skin condition which involves the hair follicles and sebaceous glands. Acne is characterized by comedones (clogged pores), papules (pimples), pustules (infected pimples) or cysts (large, inflamed pimples) appearing on the face, neck, chest and back.
Although acne is a skin disorder that usually begins during puberty, many adults have a low grade, persistent form of acne. According to a recent poll by the maker of an acne treatment product, over 75% of working women with acne believed the skin disorder influences the types of jobs women get. Nearly as many women believed acne deters job promotions.
Acne is now highly treatable, sometimes preventable and even curable. Although this skin disorder is very common and many individuals outgrow it as they enter adulthood, treatment is necessary to prevent the development of scars. Also the emotional anguish of acne sufferers can be eliminated by improving their skin condition and appearance through treatment. Acne affects 17 million people and is the most common dermatological condition treated by physicians in the United States.
The removal of dead skin cells with the AHA - glycolic acid keeps follicles open and skin clear. The antiseptic action of AHA glycolic acid kills bacteria and prevents infection.
What causes acne?
- Rapid cell growth stimulated by hormones.
- A buildup of dead skin layers.
- Blocked follicles breeding bacteria.
- Excess Oil
Why is a Glycolic Acid Treatment so effective?
- Reduces the skin’s oil content.
- Exfoliates layers of dead skin cells.
- Keeps follicles open.
- Provides antiseptic control of bacteria.
Glycolic treatment recommendations from Jan Marini Skin Research:
1. Cleanse with Bioglycolic Face Cleanser (Deeply cleanses and exfoliates to prepare skin for next steps)
2. Treat with Bioglycolic Bioclear Face Lotion (normal to oily skin) (treats acne, scarring, enlarged pores, fine lines, discoloration and inflammation)
Or Bioglycolic Bioclear Face Cream (dry to very dry skin) (treats acne, scarring, enlarged pores, fine lines, discoloration and inflammation
3. Moisturize with Antioxidant Hydro Silk Protecting Hydrator (All Skin Types incl. Oily)
We would love to hear your thoughts on the topic of this blog. As special offer just for being a follower of our blog enter coupon code BLOG10 for 10% off your next purchase! Also, remember to follow us @spaboutique on Twitter, like our Facebook page, and check out our boards on Pinterest! You could be the lucky winner of one of our many contests!