Posts Tagged ‘calm’
Tuesday February 17th, 2009
I can guarantee you probably have a mask in your cupboard that you’ve forgotten about. All those super-active, lifting, tightening and absorbing ingredients withering away with neglect. It’s heart breaking really. Let’s re-new the love and remind you of why you bought it in the first place!
- Masks are usually full of vitamins, minerals and nutrients in higher concentrations than other products. As a result you’ll often get instant, but short term results. This makes them ideal for special occasions. When used regularly 2-3 times a week you can boost and manage skin issues. It doesn’t always have to be the same mask!
- Peel-off masks will help to exfoliate, revealing brighter more gorgeous skin. They’ll often leave a more matte appearance to the skin and give you a better canvas for applying make up. Apply a moisturizer right after the mask removal for maximum results.
- Clay masks are wonderful to help with oil control. Make sure to go with a high quality one to reduce the chance of irritation. Kaolin is a great ingredient. Mix clay masks with a serum to make removal easier and add a hydration boost. I love the B.Kamins Bio-Maple Diatomamus Earth Masque!
- Sensitive skins can benefit greatly from neutralizing masks. They’ll strengthen the skin over time or can help calm down a reaction.
- To remove stubborn dried on masks. Place a warm, wet wash cloth over the face and hold it for a few moments. The water will help to rehydrate the mask making it easier to gently wipe away. Avoid vigorous scrubbing!
- With some hydrating cream masks; apply, leave for the recommended time and massage the rest in. Go to sleep. In the morning your skin will have absorbed all those super hydrating ingredients. This is great to do once a week in the winter.
- Radiance masks are perfect for right before a special occasion. They’ll brighten and even out the skin tone making you even more beautiful. If possible..
- Masks are a great way to force yourself to relax without actually taking up too much time. Just apply and let it sit during a bath, dinner, homework, or that show you just got the DVD set for. You have the time, I promise you.
- Not all masks are created equal. Check the ingredients list. What it’s made of needs to actually do what it promises. Most cheaper ones get you with pretty smells and packaging. Professional spa line masks will be made with more active ingredients.
- Leaving a mask on longer does not mean it will work better! In fact doing so can cause irritation. Follow the recommended time frames for the best results.
All skin types can find a beneficial mask. If you can manage to commit to using one even once a week, you will start to see an improvement in the results of your skin care.
All your mask wants to do is help! Show it some love. Make yourself some tea, pour a glass of wine…it doesn’t matter. Just take the time to focus on yourself. They are the overlooked skin care product but there’s a reason why facials include one or more in the treatments; masks give results.
We would love to hear your thoughts on the topic of this blog! Feel free to post your comments or questions below. As always, just for being a follower of our blog, enter coupon code BLOG10 for 10% off your next purchase! Also, remember to follow us @spaboutique on Twitter, like our Facebook page, and check out our boards on Pinterest! You could be the lucky winner of one of our many contests!