Posts Tagged ‘Dr.Hauschka’
Friday May 11th, 2012
Dr.Hauschka Skin Care is definitely a pioneer in the field of natural & holistic beauty – it was introduced waaaay back in 1967 by German holistic pharmeceutical company WALA Heilmittel. WALA Heilmittel has been manufacturing homeopathic medicines for over 70 years and therefore were able to use their expertise and knowledge of holistic medicine to create a 100% natural skin care solution. The goal of Dr.Hauschka skin care is to restore balance to the skin allowing it to perform its natural functions without having to depend on products. This is certainly a brand unique in its approach to skin care; lets look at some of Dr.Hauschka’s key facts that are the basis of this approach.
Skip the night cream
- Since your skin is detoxifying and getting rid of impurities while you sleep, use of a night cream can actually interfere with this process.
- Most people are taught to use a rich cream at night which will slow the skin’s natural oil production causing the skin to become drier and eventually dependant on moisturizers.
- According to Dr.Hauschka’s principle, balanced skin (see Rhythmic Night Conditioner) needs nothing more than cleansing and toning before bed.
Like treats like
- It may seem strange to apply oil to an oily complexion, but it’s actually the most logical solution. The skin knows when it’s sufficiently hydrated, producing more of its own oil when skin is dry and less when it’s balanced.
- Drying, soap-based products and oil-free acne treatments rob the skin of its defenses, leaving it vulnerable and triggering even more oil to be produced.
- Normalizing Day Oil provides a light, clean layer of pure plant oils and botanical extracts that balance excessive oiliness while helping to soothe and minimize the appearance of blemishes and irritation.
Stop scrubbing your skin – it’s not the bathroom floor
- It’s so easy it to damage your skin by over-cleansing, scrubbing, or using harsh drying or exfoliating products. Soaps, scrubs and harsh exfoliants can strip your face of its natural protection, resulting in dry, irritated skin and premature signs of aging.
- Dr.Hauschka Cleansing Cream using our signature “Press and Roll” method gently exfoliates, removing excess dirt, oil and makeup without disturbing the skin’s natural line of defense.
Your skin is smart!
- Your skin has an amazing ability to care for itself! It needs just a little help along the way, like protection from overexposure to harsh elements, or support when it gets thrown out of balance.
- The key is to encourage and strengthen your skin’s natural processes.
The Dr.Hauschka holistic skin care system works best when part of healthy lifestyle supported by diet, exercise, and meditation (which has a profound effect on skin health & beauty!). Remember, beautiful skin isn’t always healthy—however healthy skin is always beautiful!
We would love for you to share your thoughts on the topic of this blog posting! Also as special offer just for being a follower of our blog enter coupon code BLOG10 for 10% off your next purchase! Also, remember to follow us @spaboutique on Twitter, like our Facebook page, and check out our boards on Pinterest! You could be the lucky winner of one of our many contests!
Tags: chemical free, Dr.Hauschka, german skin care, natural products, natural skin, organic beauty, organic skin, paraben free, where to buy dr.hauschka in canada
Posted in Beauty Tips, Body Care, Miscellaneous Skincare, Natural & Organic, Skincare
Tuesday August 9th, 2011
Organic, natural, vegan, biodynamic… and the list goes on. What does all of this mean in terms of cosmetics? And, how do you know if it’s just a marketing ploy or what you are purchasing really matches what the advertisement or label says? Well, I’m going share some information that will hopefully answer some questions that you may have about this subject.
Organic means that the plant ingredients have been harvested on a farm without the use of chemical fertilizers or pesticides. Unfortunately there really isn’t much regulation with organic products and consumers are often fooled into purchasing something that says ‘organic’ on the label, but in fact contains the same chemicals and synthetics as the conventional counterpart. Always check the package for a certified organic logo from a legitimate organization such as Certech, USDA Organic, or EcoCert. Each organization has different standards in terms of what percentage of the product is organic and natural.
The term ‘natural‘ is very broad and difficult to define. It usually means that the ingredients weren’t created in a lab. What the consumer usually wants to avoid by purchasing natural products are harsh or toxic chemicals and synthetic ingredients that are not good for the skin and overall health.
Vegan, in terms of cosmetics, means that the product is 100% animal-friendly. There are absolutely no animal-derived ingredients and of course there is no animal testing (also known as ‘cruelty-free’).
Biodynamic is a word used to refer to a method of farming in which the farm is completely self-contained and respects nature to the fullest extent. Only natural medicinal herbs and mineral composts are used. Biodynamic farming is based on the interrelations between the plants, animals, and insects to support the production of high-quality, powerful, health-giving products.
Always be sure that the products you are using are ISO certified. ISO is a quality management system designed to help organizations ensure they meet the needs of customers. Each organization must fulfill strict standards in order to become ISO certified.
We’d love for you to share your thoughts with us about the topic of this blog! Also, as a special offer for just being a follower of our blog enter coupon code BLOG10 for 10% off your next purchase! Also, remember to follow us @spaboutique on Twitter and “Like” our Facebook page! You could be the lucky winner of our many contests!
Tags: biodynamic, Dr.Hauschka, dr.hauschka in canada, eminence in canada, Eminence Organics, gm collin, jurlique natural beauty care, natural, natural skincare, organic, organic skin care, vegan nail polish, where to buy jurlique, where to buy spa ritual
Posted in Beauty Tips, Miscellaneous Skincare, Natural & Organic, Skincare