Posts Tagged ‘Gehwol’
Friday February 15th, 2013
On Tuesday our Marketing Team and Accounting moved into our Exciting New Building! Today, we were joined by our lovely Customer Care & Warehouse Team! We’ve missed you guys! It’s exciting to have the Spa Boutique band back together!
Check out these Before / After photos of our new Customer Care Center:
As moving is always super stressful, our team tackled some of the most common Moving Day issues:
Tired Skin: It’s really important to cleanse off all of the grime from moving with a quality cleaner, like Eminence Stone Crop Gel Wash and to follow up with a nutrient heavy moisturizer. The vitamins in the Eminence Apricot Whip Moisturizer will help restore your skin to its natural glow.
Exhausted Eyes: A quick treatment with Vivescence FreshLift Highly Active Eye Contour Concentrate is an amazing pick me up for tired, move weary eyes.
Sore Muscles: First, make sure you haven’t seriously sprained or pulled your muscles. After the adrenaline of Moving Day wears off, seemingly minor injuries can present themselves as much more serious. However, for the minor aches, a targeted treatment with Biofreeze Pain Relieving Tube can provide substantial relief. Followed by a bath with our Spa Boutique Signature Line: Lavender Epsom Salt Bath, you’re ensured complete relaxation.
Nail repair: To restore weakened nails, our most popular item is Trind Nail Repair. Soon you’ll be able to pop on some fantastic Nail art like these wicked weekend styles!
As always, just for being a follower of our blog, enter coupon code BLOG10 for 10% off your next purchase! Also, remember to follow us @spaboutique on Twitter, like our Facebook page, and check out our boards on Pinterest! You could be the lucky winner of one of our many contests!
Tags: biofreeze, dark circles, dehydrated skin, dull skin, Eminence, Eminence Organics, foot care, Gehwol, home spa tips, moving, Moving Day, nail art, skin care, Skincare, sore muscles, spa boutique, tired skin, trind, Vivescence
Posted in Beauty Tips
Tuesday May 29th, 2012
Oh spring and summer time at the spa! I can remember the floods of people who would come in to Le Petit Spa for pedicures - it seemed like we were fixing up feet all day long some days. The majority of our clients were suffering from the the same issues – dryness, calluses, and many times cracked skin. Now, this isn’t terribly hard to prevent, but it seems that we all have a pretty hard time keeping up with our foot care when there are just so many other things going on in our lives. The good news is that there are some great foot care lines out there that offer products to effectively alleviate our dry foot woes. Since we all love step by step guides, here goes…
1. Soak Feet in Gehwol Fusskraft Krauterbad Herbal Bath which combats foot odor and perspiration. This refreshing foot bath deeply cleanses, softens corns and calluses, and alleviates tired, aching feet.
2. File hard skin and calluses with a good quality foot file. Start with the course side on extra hard areas, then switch to the finer side to smooth and polish skin. Be sure to leave a little bit of callus behind as it can be painful if too much skin is removed.
Gehwol is a high-quality, comprehensive line of foot care products made to improve all foot and nail conditions.
We would love to hear your thoughts on the topic of this blog. As special offer just for being a follower of our blog enter coupon code BLOG10 for 10% off your next purchase! Also, remember to follow us @spaboutique on Twitter, like our Facebook page, and check out our boards on Pinterest! You could be the lucky winner of one of our many contests!
Tags: athletes foot, burning feet, calluss, cracked feet, cracked heels, cracked skin, dry feet, foot file, foot fungus, fungus, Gehwol, Gehwol Canada, german footcare, Gewhol, itchy feet, nail infection, pumice stone
Posted in Beauty Tips
Friday April 29th, 2011
Has your foot race taken a toll on your feet? With the warm weather here, many of us are training to complete another running marathon. I’m not a runner myself, but I’ve spoken to many runners who share similar problems after they’ve crossed the finish line.
Here are some tips from our professionally trained Esthetician, Shawna, to fix up those tired, aching feet after running a marathon.
• Use a professional foot file such as Danyco Foot File to remove built-up callus as well as smooth out dry, rough skin
• Use a callus softener before filing. I recommend Spa Ritual Let It Go Callus Remover
• If you have any fluid-filled blisters you may create a small hole to allow the fluid to drain
• Allow blisters to fully heal before using the foot file over affected area
• Don’t over-file – this can cause pain and sensitivity leading to the callus returning more quickly due to the trauma of the skin
• Use an exfoliator like Gehwol Mother of Pearl Scrub to further smooth and soften skin
• Hydrate up to 2 times daily using a moisturizer made specifically for the feet. The skin on the foot is different than the skin on your body; therefore it requires a different type of moisturizer. I prefer the feel of Allpresan Foot Foams- for all different foot conditions. Foam is easily absorbed and does not leave greasy film
• Don’t run around bare-foot on concrete or at the pool as this can lead to fungal infections which are very difficult to treat!
So go ahead and run that race; the ladies at Spa Boutique have got you covered!
We would love to hear your thoughts on the topic of this blog! Feel free to leave your comments or questions below. As always, just for being a follower of our blog, enter coupon code BLOG10 for 10% off your next purchase! Also, remember to follow us @spaboutique on Twitter, like our Facebook page, and check out our boards on Pinterest! You could be the lucky winner of one of our many contests!
Wednesday August 12th, 2009
****Update: Contest is now closed! Thank you to all participants.****
It’s been awhile since we’ve done a little contest. I thought it was time to give some presents away. Here’s what the gift pack contains:
- Phytomer Radiant Complexion Program: 15 mls each of Souffle Marin and Peeling Vegetal
- Phytomer Lift Contour Makeup Remover (125ml)
- Golden Moor Moutain Mist Mud Bath (100ml)
- Gehwol Hydrolipid Lotion (50ml)
- Allpresan Foot Care Foam (35ml)
This is a beautiful little pack that covers the basics and has the relaxing add-on of the mud bath.
How do you win this? There are multiple ways!
- Follow us on Twitter and/or RT a link to the contest (@spaboutique)
- Become a fan on Facebook
- Sign up for our RSS feed
- Leave a comment after this post with which product you’re most looking forward to using
You can enter multiple times by doing each of those, more chances to win!
The giveaway will run until 9am PST August 19th, 2009. The approximate retail value of the pack is $60.00. The winner will be randomly picked from all eligible entries. Chances of winning depend on how many people enter.
Lokoing forward to seeing the entries. Good luck!
Wednesday May 13th, 2009
Feet are fascinating. They are so individual and get beat up all day by us.
Cute yet impractical shoes and the whatnot. Standing all day. Walking all day. Unbreathing.
Since they’re always closed in, issues revolving around moisture and bacteria and fungus are VERY common.
Foot odor, athletes foot, ingrown toenails and nail fungus are very common. I won’t subject you to pictures of them, but when you do pedicures, you see it all. Repeatedly.
General foot care is fairly simple. Keep your feet, socks and shoes clean and dry. But life still gets complicated. Let me offer some solutions.
Foot Odor and Sweaty Feet: By far the most common ailments. Moisture, warmth and bacteria, it’s a perfect mix. The more your feet sweat the more likely you are to create a breeding ground for the odor producing bacteria. I’ve seen explanations from anemia to the same bacteria that causes acne. Either way it’s unpleasant. Guidelines to reduce that lovely aroma usually involve keeping the feet as dry as possible.
- Always thoroughly dry feet off after showering. Get right in between those toes. If you do have sweaty feet, you don’t need to give the bacteria MORE moisture to work with.
- Use an absorbing foot powder. This will help keep the foot dry, reducing the moisture that the bacteria thrives on. Some also can have anti-bacterial properties
- Wear clean socks with your shoes. Creating that absorbing barrier will reduce the smell as well. Bring an extra pair to change into if you’re going somewhere different after a long day at work.
- There are lotions/foam to help reduce sweatiness, but you can also use antiperspirant on the feet as well. Don’t forget those shoe sprays! Anti-bacterial they help to sanitize the inside of shoes to reduce bacteria.
Athlete’s Foot (Tinea Pedis): This is also very common and comes in various degrees. It’s a fungal infection, basically ring worm, of the feet and is usually between the toes and near the nail. It’s usually picked up from other warm environments like public showers, baths and locker rooms. Also sharing shoes or socks with someone who has it.
It will start off as scaling, flaking and slight reddening between the toes. As it worsens it will start to turn white and remain damp. The odor increases as well. As it spreads to the sole of the foot it will redden the skin and create more scaling and a blistering type look. There’s usually quite a bit of itching.
Luckily it is possible to get a handle on the Athlete’s Foot if treatment begins fairly early. Keeping feet dry is very important. You can also use topical applications of over the counter products such as Footlogix and Allpressan. they contain a small percentage of clotrimazole which is beneficial at killing off the fungus.
If the spread is really bad, over the whole foot, it is best to go see your doctor,podiatrist or dermatologist.
Ingrown Toe Nails: You’ll know if you’ve ever had one of these. The painful pressure on the top corners of the nails can really make itself known. The toe nail starts to grow into the skin and can cause swelling, redness and even infection.
These are caused from either poor shoes (all tight and constricting in the toe area) or improper nail care. Cutting the nails too short or rounding the corners too deep. You want the end of the nail to grow out straight and true.
The inclination is going to dig around in there to try and free it. Please don’t do that, it can cause serious damage and infection.
Try and help it grow out. Soak the feet for 10-15 minutes, gently push a small piece of cotton under the offending edge, just enough to lift it slightly off the skin and guide it in the correct direction. Repeat this everyday, changing the cotton and keeping everything very clean. Avoid constraining shoes during this time. If after 4-5 days it hasn’t improved or has gotten worse, you will want to see a doctor. If at ANY point it turns red or starts to ooze anything, go to the doctor.
If it’s a severe and recurring problem, there may have to be some minor surgery, but that’s ok. I’ve seen many a foot that has had the procedure done and the results are fine.
Nail Fungus (Onychomycosis): According to the Mayo Clinic nail fungus is acquired similarly to Athletes Foot. Damp, warm places are where those fungi thrive. They get under the nail and cause yellowing, thickening and crumbling. The nail will usually change shape over time and become dull.
Unfortunately this is the most time consuming to remedy. Topical applications can work, but some people require more, in the form of oral medication. Vite 20 is a great solution.
Since nails grow quite slowly, getting a fungal nail to be replaced by a completely healthy one can take as much as a year.
It’s important to have realistic expectations and be consistent and patient. It’s also best to not polish over those toe nails! Let them breathe and heal.
We would love to hear your thoughts on the topic of this blog! Feel free to post your comments or questions below. As always, just for being a follower of our blog, enter coupon code BLOG10 for 10% off your next purchase! Also, remember to follow us @spaboutique on Twitter, like our Facebook page, and check out our boards on Pinterest! You could be the lucky winner of one of our many contests!