Posts Tagged ‘hydroxy acid’
Monday February 26th, 2007
- Rosacea and Redness- Mostly seen in those who have fair skin and also known as the “Peaches and Cream“ complexion. It is common to have broken blood vessels on your cheeks. You may also experience bouts of inflammation that cause red papules (small bumps) or pustules. Avoid harsh cosmetics and skin care products (like exfoliators and astringents) use anti-redness creams and products for sensitive skin (ones that state soothing effects) and others that are specifically for rosacea. Watch for ingredients that are good for rosacea: like Bisabolol (an anti-inflamatory, anti-irritant, anti-fungal chamomile plant extract) and Bio-Maple (helps soothe and calm reddened skin).Suggested products: B.Kamins Booster Blue & Rosacea Products, and Skeyndor Aquatherm
- Broken Capillaries and Spider Veins- Veins that easily flush will eventually stay enlarged appearing red and creating a spidering affect, thus the term spider veins. Genetics, hormonal changes, and long exposure to large temperature changes can be the underlying source of spider veins. Use products that provides vaso-constricting properties to aid in the reduction of redness.Suggested products:B. Kamins Renewal Serum or B. Kamins Diatomamus Earth Mask.
- Large Pores- Large pores can be genetic and are more common in later years when the skin has lost some of its elasticity. Also can be oily skin types that have clogged pores. Watch for ingredients that are good for enlarged pores and preventing clogged pores: like AHA Glycolic (minimizes the appearance of the pores) and Salicylic Acid (anti-bacterial and exfoliant properties).Suggested products: B. Kamins Purifying Toner, B Kamins Hydrating Acne wash, B Kamins Glycolic Acid 10
- Acne and Blemishes– Inflamed spots are usually a result of overactive oil glands, hormones, or lifestyle factors such as stress or diet. For a longer-term solution clean skin daily with a beta or alpha hydroxy acid cleanser and exfoliate regularly to unclog pores.Suggested products: Skeyndor Clear Balance Line
- Facial Scars– most facial scars are post-acne. Reduce scarring and regularize the skin tone with cellular renewal products. Look for ingredients such as Bio Maple and Alpha Hydroxy.Suggested products:B Kamin renewal serum, B Kamins Glycolic 10
- Skin Discoloration, Dark Spots and Hyperpigmentation- Age spots are a clear sign of photo-aged skin. Overexposing to the sun thorough the years without adequate protection from sunscreen accelerates the skin’s natural aging process. Common ingredients in spot treatments to look for are: Hydroquinone (2% concentration), Kojic Acid or Alpha Hydroxy Acid (glycolic acid) in the stronger concentrations, 10% to 15%, is often recommended as well.Suggested products: Obagi NuDerm System, Obagi C-System
- Dark Eye Circles and Puffiness– dark rings, eyes that look like you’ve been crying or haven’t been getting enough sleep. This is probably the most common issue. There are a variety of reasons for under eye bags but the major reasons include fluid retention, inadequate sleep, allergies, and, of course, heredity. Look for: Vitamin P (helps dark circles diminish), Decongesting Plant Extracts (for puffiness and soothing properties) and Emollient Light Deflectors for dark circles.Suggested products: Jan Marini Age Intervention Dark Circle Eye Defense, Phytomer Regard Merveilleux: Puffiness Decreasing Eye Gel, Phytomer Regard Delicieux: Dark Circle Eye Cream
- Wrinkles and Fine Lines- the most common sign of aging skin. Some people are genetically predisposed to wrinkling. Sun exposure and smoking are the biggest environmental culprits, though stress can also be a factor. Our skin becomes thinner and drier. Weakened collagen makes the skin less elastic. Common ingredients to look for are: Retinol (a vitamin A compound that is an antioxidant that neutralize free radicals — unstable oxygen molecules that break down skin cells and cause wrinkles), Hydroxy acids (exfoliants, substances that remove the upper layer of old, dead skin and stimulate the growth of smooth, evenly pigmented new skin), Coenzyme Q10 (a nutrient that helps regulate energy production in cells) Copper peptides (stimulate production of collagen and may enhance the action of antioxidants) and Tea extracts (green, black and oolong tea contain compounds with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties).Suggested products: Skeyndor Platinum Line, Phytomer Ogenage Line
As always, just for being a follower of our blog, enter coupon code BLOG10 for 10% off your next purchase! Also, remember to follow us @spaboutique on Twitter, like our Facebook page, and check out our boards on Pinterest! You could be the lucky winner of one of our many contests!